Xero has released a new and much anticipated feature which allows you to send invoice reminders to clients on an automatic basis.
Below we show you the simple steps involved…
This allows you to set up a reminder which is sent to clients when an invoice becomes a certain amount of time overdue without you even having to think about it. There are also ways to turn off invoice reminders for certain customers or invoices, as well as excluding invoices that are under a certain amount.
The process is simple:
- Select the Email customers when an invoice is… check box.
- By the clock icon, click Invoice reminders off to access the invoice reminders area in Invoice Settings.
- Click the Awaiting Payment panel to access the Awaiting Payment invoices tab.
- From the Accounts menu, click Sales.
- (Optional) Edit, delete or add invoice reminders.
- (Optional) Select or clear the Include a link to the invoice PDF check box.
- (Optional) Select the Don’t send reminders for amounts owing on an invoice under and enter an amount in the box.
- Click Save.
For more information on how to exclude certain customers or invoices, as well as turning off the invoice reminders, please see this help centre guide.
If you’d like to learn more about Xero and whether it’s compatible with your business contact us today to arrange a meeting with one of our business advisors.